Explore the best of England, Scotland and Wales on this tour of Great Britain. Revel in the rich history of Bath, Cambridge, York and Edinburgh. Discover Stonehenge, see Shakespeare’s hometown and enjoy intriguing city tours. Admire the enchanting views of the Scottish Highlands and the English Lake District. Tuck into hearty cuisine while travelling - the best Great Britain tours and holiday packages should include whisky tasting and a traditional Sunday roast! This Great Britain tour is filled with uniquely British travel experiences. Get ready to enjoy one of our top Britain tours!
- 6 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities
- Single travelers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room
- 6 breakfasts, 4 dinners | *Vegetarian options available for all meals on request
- Modern air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and toilet onboard
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Services of your tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip
- All taxes and fees included
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Visit Cambridge and take a punting trip through the university
- Wander the medieval streets of York in the footsteps of your tour leader
- Enjoy a traditional Yorkshire roast dinner
- Photo stop at the impressive Angel of the North
- Experience Hadrian's Wall, the Roman barrier to the Northern tribes
- Spend time in Jedburgh, an old town on the Scottish Border
- Orientation tour of Edinburgh with your tour leader
- Dine out in Edinburgh's best Italian restaurant
- Free time to explore Loch Ness
- Whiskey tasting at a distillery
- Catch views of Glen Coe & Ben Nevis
- Spend a night in the Scottish highlands
- Comfort stop at World Famous Gretna Green
- Take lunch in the English Lake District National Park
- Driving tour of Liverpool with your tour leader
- Free time to explore Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare
- Photo stop at one of Wales' most impressive castles
- Drive through Cardiff, the capital of Wales
- Orientation walk of Bath followed by free time to explore
- 21 Mar 2021 - 27 Mar 2021
- 04 Apr 2021 - 10 Apr 2021
- 18 Apr 2021 - 24 Apr 2021
- 02 May 2021 - 08 May 2021
- 16 May 2021 - 22 May 2021
- 23 May 2021 - 29 May 2021
- 13 Jun 2021 - 19 Jun 2021
- 04 Jul 2021 - 10 Jul 2021
- 11 Jul 2021 - 17 Jul 2021
- 18 Jul 2021 - 24 Jul 2021
- 08 Aug 2021 - 14 Aug 2021
- 15 Aug 2021 - 21 Aug 2021
- 22 Aug 2021 - 28 Aug 2021
- 05 Sep 2021 - 11 Sep 2021
- 12 Sep 2021 - 18 Sep 2021
- 19 Sep 2021 - 25 Sep 2021
- 03 Oct 2021 - 09 Oct 2021
- 17 Oct 2021 - 23 Oct 2021
- 07 Nov 2021 - 13 Nov 2021
- 22 Dec 2021 - 28 Dec 2021
- 29 Dec 2021 - 04 Jan 2022
Day 1: London - Cambridge - Yorkshire
Welcome to your tour of Great Britain! Today, you will fill your lungs with fresh, English countryside air, as you depart the city of London. Arriving in Cambridge, your first adventure will have you punting along the river in traditional style, taking in the stunning scenery and epic, historical buildings in the most relaxing way. The final stop for the day is York, a mecca for history buffs and lovers of fine architecture and culture. Your walking tour offers fascinating insights, stories and history of the city. Tonight, you will enjoy a traditional Sunday roast dinner in a British pub. Be sure to try the homemade Yorkshire pudding, followed by a chocolate brownie for dessert.
Day 2: Hadrian's Wall - Jedburgh - Edinburgh
Your first stop of the day is the Angel of the North, a 20m-tall steel sculpture of an angel with wings measuring 54 metres across. Next stop, Hadrian’s Wall. Built by hand in 122 AD, it’s one of the most visited cultural landmarks in the UK. Not too far away lies the border town of Jedburgh. Famed for its links to royalty and historical warfare, you can explore the city and take in the amazing architecture. The Jedburgh Abbey ruins are highly recommended. As you journey through Scotland, relax and enjoy the beautiful landscape drifting past. The capital city is waiting, and your tour leader will introduce you to Edinburgh on an evening driving and orientation walking tour.
Day 3: Edinburgh: Free Day
Today, the city is yours to explore. Known as the cultural capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is blessed with stunning architecture, art galleries and memorials. Take a step back in time, and wander around the unchanged cobbled streets of the Royal Mile. Or, join your tour leader on a Conquer the Capital optional excursion. This full-day tour takes you to Edinburgh Castle and includes a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia - the former residence of the royal family. If there are clear skies - hike up to Arthur’s Seat for some incredible views. Tonight, you have the option of joining a traditional Scottish dinner and show (you can even try some Haggis).
Day 4: Loch Ness - Whisky Distillery - Glencoe - Scottish Highlands
Just over halfway through your Great Britain tour, you are now heading north to the Scottish Highlands, where we offer you an optional excursion that could change your life! Embark on a 1-hour cruise of Loch Ness, home to ‘Nessie’ the Loch Ness Monster. Take in the impressive ruins of Urquhart Castle as you drift past. Once back on the road, spot Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain. Whilst in the region we will visit one of Scotland’s oldest, licensed whisky distilleries in Fort William for a distillery tour and whisky tasting. We will visit Glencoe – a spectacular Glen (deep valley) where the massacre of Glencoe took place in 1692, before continuing on to your hotel in the Scottish Highlands.
Day 5: Gretna Green - Lake District - Liverpool
You’re bound for Liverpool - home of The Beatles and two world-famous premier league football clubs! On the way, soak up the last of the Scottish landscape, before reaching the Lake District for lunch. Next stop, Liverpool in the late afternoon, where you will have the evening free to explore. Upon checking in at the hotel, head to one of the many local pubs for dinner. For Beatles fans, there are a myriad of locations that were significant to developing the world-class pop act, which shaped modern music as we know it. Liverpool inspired such timeless classics including ‘Strawberry Fields’ and ‘Penny Lane’. The Beatles played hundreds of shows at the Cavern Club, the perfect place to enjoy your time in Liverpool.
Day 6: Liverpool - Stratford-Upon-Avon - Wales
This morning, we will take a driving tour of Liverpool, where you will be shown the sights, before we venture on to the birthplace of William Shakespeare - Stratford-upon-Avon. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own. For those who wish to delve into the life of Shakespeare more intimately, we can arrange an optional excursion for you to visit the home where he grew up as a child, where he also lived with his wife when they were newlyweds. Sliding into south Wales, you'll have the chance to see a medieval castle before we head onwards to the Welsh capital of Cardiff, for a driving tour on route to our hotel for the night.
Day 7: Bath - Stonehenge - London
This is the last day of your British Tour, and there is no sign of slowing down! The first stop is Bath – a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring some of the finest architecture in Europe. Join us on an orientation tour of the town, and learn about the historical significance of the region. Why not join an optional excursion that could have you unravelling one of the worlds’ greatest mysteries - Stonehenge. As you board your Expat Explore coach for the last time on your Great Britain tour, take this chance to exchange contact details and share photos with new friends and fellow travellers, before you alight at your last stop in London.