Travel across wide expanses of rugged countryside and native bush, over 47 bridges and through 20 tunnels by Rail Cart before arriving in New Zealand’s only self-proclaimed republic – Whangamomona. After spending the night, continue through the remaining tunnels on the SOL rail line and 18 more bridge on the way to Stratford.
This tour brings together all the different highlights of the area. You are hosted and guided by passionate locals, all with unique insights into this historic corner of New Zealand. The rail cart experience alone is an amazing and relaxing experience. The fabulous old Whangamomona Pub and remains of the settlement is a great old country experience... The jet boat was not the petrol-head's experience that I expected but a cruise through iconic New Zealand wilderness with a historic bonus.
- 3 nights twin share accommodation at Republic of Whangamomona,
151 London Motel and Blue Duck or similar.
- This trip is limited to 60 seats throughout the season.
- 142km Rail Cart Journey over 2 days
- 2 days Jet Boating on the Whanganui River
- The historic Bridge to Nowhere
- Lauren's Lavender Farm with lunch included.
- Shuttle from Stratford to Whanganui
- Matahiwi Gallery in Whanganui
- Specified meals: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Welcome and other dinners - as per final itinerary.
On request (March / April). Cost $3290.00