Art Deco Festival tour 2020 - MAD20
Number of Days: 5
Destination: New Zealand
Stay at Scenic Te Pania Hotel in the heart of the action to enjoy all that this renowned festival has to offer – parades, big bands, jazz bands, fairs and lunch at the acclaimed Mission Vineyard. Everyone dresses up so to get in the swing of the festival, pack some clothes that are reminiscent of this era!
5 DAY ITINERARY
Tour commences Auckland Thursday 20th February 2020 and concludes in Auckland Mon 24th Feb.
Day 1: Auckland – Taupo – Napier
We drive into the heart of the Waikato farmland continuing on to Taupo where we stop for lunch. In the mid afternoon we drive over the hills to Napier where the Festival is getting underway. We stay at Scenic Te Pania, our home for three nights and dine in this evening.
Day 2: Art Deco Festival Events – Mission Vineyard – Napier
We receive a firsthand introduction to the festival events from a specialist Art Deco guide. We lunch at Mission’s acclaimed restaurant above the vines and in the afternoon explore the Antique Fair before attending events at The Soundshell.
Day 3: Art Deco Festival Events – Automobilia Vintage Car Parade
We enjoy the vibrant atmosphere in Napier – Art Deco dressed revellers and the fun of the Vintage Car parade. Limos and coupes drive through the town at midday to the Soundshell. There’s everything from bathing belle parades to big bands and jazz.
Day 4: Napier – Hawkes Bay Farmers’ Market – Taupo
We drive over to Hastings to breakfast at the Hawkes Bay Farmers’ Market. We lunch at Ahuriri and drive up Bluff Hill for the views before travelling back to Taupo and the lakeside Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels where we dine in this evening.
Day 5: Taupo – Lake Taupo cruise – Lava Glass – Auckland
After enjoying a leisurely breakfast we take a launch cruise out on Lake Taupo to see the Maori rock carvings. We lunch at Lava Glass café and visit Lynden Over’s glass blowing studio and sculpture garden. We continue to Auckland returning in the early evening.
Your tour is inclusive of meals while on tour, Auckland/Auckland domestic air or land or air travel as per itinerary, accommodation, activities and entrance fees plus the care of your guide. If you live outside Auckland we can book flights from your nearest airport
- Art Deco Festival events; Automobilia Vintage Car Parade, evening events at the Soundshell, Bathing Belle parades, Big Bands and live jazz
- Drive Napier’s Art Deco trail with a specialist Art Deco guide
- Special lunch and wine tasting at Mission Estate's acclaimed restaurant above the vines
- Browse the Antique Fair
- Breakfast at Hawkes Bay Farmers’ market
- View the spectacular Waipunga Falls
- Enjoy a cruise on Lake Taupo to the Maori rock carvings
- Lunch at Lava Glass Cafe and visit Lynden Over's glass blowing studio and sculpture garden.
- Price per person: $2,950. No compulsory single supplement charge for single travellers.
No compulsory single supplement charge for single travellers.$2,950.00 Book Now