European Christmas Markets- CMI
- Festive markets in Bavarian Capital
- Innsbruck Christmas Markets
- Mozart's Family Home in front of the Cathedral.
- Horse drawn carriage Ride in Innsburck
- The medieval Munster stalls in Freiburg
- The Black Forest
- Strasbourg Christmas Markets- oldest and largest in France
- The Swiss City of Zurich- Europe's biggest indoor Christmas extravaganza in the main railway station, with over 160 wooden chalets and a three-storey Christmas tree, dripping with Swarovski crystals.
The tour commences in Munich 13 December 2017.
Welcome to Munich! Transfers leave Munich Airport for your hotel at 10:00 & 13:00. Later, an orientation tour will show you all the city's major sights, culminating in the Marienplatz, with its soaring Town Hall and Glockenspiel. Here, the Christkindlmarkt is in full swing, an entrancing festival of light and music. Your Tour Director will introduce you to one of the market stallholders for a taste of traditional Bavarian Lebkuchen and a fragrant cup of Glühwein. In the evening, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception with dinner and wine.
Hotel: Hilton Munich City, Munich.D
Day 2: Free time in the Bavarian capital
Munich embraces the holiday season with a particular zeal, so today is all yours to enjoy the vibrant festive markets that abound in this city. On crisp winter days organ music and carols ring out from the ancient churches. If snow has fallen, the vast English Garden provides lovely winter vistas. Another option is to experience the romantic royal palaces of the Bavarian Alps.
Hotel: Hilton Munich City, Munich.B
Day 3: By Lake Chiemsee to Salzburg and on to Innsbruck
Drive beside the tranquil waters of Lake Chiemsee on your way to Salzburg in Austria, where the spires and domes of the old town are often draped in snow come December. A walk with a Local Expert shows you Mozart's family home and the rosy hues of the 500-year-old market in front of the cathedral. Head through the mountains to your Innsbruck hotel. In the evening, drive to the charming town of Hall in Tirol boasting one of Austria's best-preserved historic centres. Enjoy the atmosphere in a 700-year-old building and delight your palate with a Medieval Banquet and wine. Hotel: Hilton, Innsbruck.B
Day 4: Innsbruck at Leisure & Carriage Ride
Spend the morning at leisure. Immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere of the old town and Christmas Markets, set in front of the Golden Roof and graced by beautifully preserved medieval façades. Do your Christmas shopping here or perhaps join an optional ascent of the famous Olympic ski jump for spectacular views of the Inn Valley and town of Innsbruck below. In the afternoon, enjoy delightful scenery and healthy fresh air on a horse-drawn carriage ride.
Hotel: Hilton, Innsbruck.B
Day 5 The Black Forest via Lindau
Take Austria's longest road tunnel back into Germany and pause in the tiny island-town of Lindau. Walk through the maze of ancient streets down to the harbour. Across the lake, often shrouded in mist, rises a silhouette of snow-capped peaks. After time to explore, continue along the shores of the Bodensee to your hotel in the Black Forest for three fabulous nights. Hotel: Maritim Titisee Hotel, Titisee.B,D
Day 6 Freiburg Sightseeing
Visit Freiburg in the morning, a lively university city with a charming Christmas atmosphere. Walk from the medieval Münster through the heart of the historic old quarter, past colourful stalls offering a range of festive goodies from the Black Forest.
Hotel: Maritim Titisee Hotel, Titisee.B
Day 7 Strasbourg & Alsace experience
Cross the Rhine to the region of Alsace today, wedged between the Black Forest and the Vosges Mountains, which has changed nationality four times since 1870! Visit Strasbourg, the ‘city at the crossroads' where the Christmas Market is the oldest and one of the largest in France. Spend time in a cosy neighbourhood of timbered fairytale buildings, with Christmas shops and a gingerbread bakery, warm with fragrant promise. Return to Germany and your Black Forest hotel in time for dinner tonight. Hotel: Maritim Titisee Hotel, Titisee.B,D
Day 8 The Swiss City of Zürich
Cross the Swiss border and head for Zürich where sightseeing includes the imposing Grossmünster, elegant Fraumünster, and winding alleys of the old town alongside the River Limmat. A highlight is Europe's biggest indoor Christmas extravaganza in the main railway station, with over 160 wooden chalets and a three-storey Christmas tree, dripping with Swarovski crystals. In the evening, toast to the culmination of your Yuletide tour with a festive Celebration Dinner and wine.
Hotel: Mövenpick Zürich Airport, Zürich.B,D
Day 9 Depart Zürich
Enjoy a relaxed breakfast before checking out. B
- Arrival airport transfer for group approved flights.
- Meals: B = breakfasts, L = Lunch, D = Welcome, Farewell and or other dinners as specified in the final itinerary.
- Accommodation in 3+ to 4 star hotels, based on twin occupancy.
- All activities and excursions as detailed as included in the final itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guides.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned coach.
- Specified entrance fees only as stated as included in the final itinerary.
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or meals other than specifically shown as included
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal or discretionary expenses
- Phone calls, laundry, room service, internet, etc or any other service not stated as included.
- $6,995 pp, twin share. Single Supplement + $1,795